Thursday, February 12, 2009

And Another!

I just need to wash my sampler and then it will be all done and fancy! I also need to trim the fringe so that it is even on both sides, I'm not sure if I want to do that before or after I wash it. Because me and my Mom finished our first samplers so early we get to make a second one! Our teacher doesn't want us starting the next project until after spring break. I have chosen four different weaving patterns for mine: cord weave, pebble weave, a pebble variation, and something called bed ticking which is basically what they use to make old school mattresses out of. I am making mine wider and longer to be used like a shawl. The first sampler is 10" by 36" this one is going to be 20" by 48" when it's finished. I've chosen a really nice orange and a soft muted brown that really makes the orange pop. :)

No comments: