Thursday, November 20, 2008

Alphabet Soup

Since you probably couldn't read my handwriting on the picture:

Apple
Bread
Chopsticks
Dog
Elephant
Fish
Grape
Hand
Ice Cream
Jar
Kite
Lion
Mouth
Nest
Ocean
Pear
Queen
Rat
Socks
Tree
Umbrella
Vine
Watch
X-ray
Yarn
Zipper
All the picture squares are this stiff muslin that I used as a lining in a purse a while ago. It's pretty sturdy and a nice neutral color with all the scrap fabric going on around it. I think it will look nice :)


Today I get to take all my completed squares to my art appreciation class for a 'show'. We all did a 'junk to funk' project, where you use recycled or left over materials to create something new and useful. I am using my squares since they are from scrap fabric. When I turned in the assignment I had only finished through H, now I'm all the way past P. It's always very exciting to see the progress you've made on something!

No comments: