Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Bigger Picture

I don't think I ever really went over the general stuff for my quilt. Each square is 5.25 inches x 5.25 inches, this is including the quarter inch seam allowance. I'm doing a 9 square pattern, there will be 2 large squares across and 3 down with a 4 or 5 inch boarder around the whole thing. For each letter there is a picture square that will have the English word and the Japanese word for the object. I was planning on Appliquéing the picture too, but now I thinking about working mostly in embroidery so that this can actually be done and gifted before the baby is born. I do need to check the spelling of my Japanese though, because I was working of romajii (English letters assigned to the Japanese characters) so I got some of them wrong. The soon to be family that I'm giving this to speaks both Japanese and English, but they are both native English speakers, so I thought that giving them a gift that was bilingual as well was perfect for their new baby :)

Here's the drawing of my plan for the quilt. I colored in the letter squares with colors similar to the actual fabrics that are cut and ready to go. You should be able to click on the picture to see it larger. I have to get ready for school, but I can post a list of what I decided to do when I get back today or tomorrow.

No comments: