Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Exciting News on the Weaving Front!

We drew our loom numbers out of a bucket yesterday and were told to change our reeds (the metal bit with the yarn coming through in the picture). I grab the reed I needed and went to change it and there was already some stuff on my loom from last semester. So my teacher told me to weave it 0.0! I really like the colors on in and I went and picked some other yarn for the weft (the back and forth piece). Bonny suggested that I change it so that the warp was closer together (the up and down bit). I had to leave and she offered to do it for me - so I get to start weaving before anyone else because whoever had the loom last was lazy and didn't clean it :D I'm super excited.





For the weft I chose the same fuzzy gray stuff as in here and a purple mix wool yarn, I think it will look nice, but we'll find out!



P.S. I have made progress on R for Rainbow, I just haven't taken a picture yet!

No comments: