Saturday, January 31, 2009

Nifty Keen!

Random picture because I feel bad about posting so little AND I have something un-craft related to say.

As I'm sure you've figured out by now I am learning Japanese at UAA. There is a Japanese Club at school which I went to last night because my teacher from last semester was giving a talk. He is a Zen Buddhist Priest and was talking a little bit about his experiences and Zen. I not only adore him and his lectures but I was interested in the topic so I went (the extra credit doesn't hurt either). I am soooo glad that I did go it was great! I learned a bunch and 2 hours flew by without me so much as glancing at the clock or my watch because I was so interested in what he was saying. I'm considering going to one of the Anchorage Zen Services so that I can hear him talk more about it.

So anyone who couldn't make it last night, I'm sorry you missed it - it was awesome!

No comments: