Friday, January 2, 2009

M for Mailbox and Morimoto!

I'm most of the way through M for Mailbox! You can see the pencil lines on the right hand side, that's all I have left to do.
I once again used the 2 colored thread, I really like the way it can change the color. It's really just like mixing colored pencil colors - you can see the different colors if you look or you can see it as a whole.
I just chose a random number for the address. I think the numbers turned out pretty well for me doing them free-hand.
The reason M isn't finished is because I have been reading and I have to talk about how much I love this book!
Chef Morimoto was on Iron Chef (Japanese) and is on Iron Chef America. He has ALWAYS been my favorite Iron Chef - if you go up against him, there is almost no question that you will get your butt whupped and handed to you in a six course meal. So when I was trying to spend all of my Barnes and Nobel gift certificates and I found this I yanked it off the shelf without even looking at it and I am so glad that I found it.
It has recipes and explanations about why he does things the way he does - "I paired this with this even though they are from 2 different cultures because..."
Not to mention the STUNNING pictures that are all throughout the book.
What I like the most is Morimoto has written things about how he thinks things should be done and it often includes the way it's traditionally done in Japan and the way Morimoto does it. It's a really great book, and I would suggest it to anyone who is interested in Japanese culture and food or just someone who would like to see some very different and intriguing recipes.

No comments: