Tuesday, December 16, 2008

C and F

I got a good amount of sewing done yesterday. I finished C for Cactus which took longer than expected because of the running stitch in the middle, but I think it was worth it. I've been deviating from my original plan for the pictures, instead of chopsticks for c I did cactus and a few others. I was planning to appliqué all of this when I started out, so I chose things that would have fairly simple shapes. But since I decided to embroider I've chosen some things that I though would translate well.


I also started F for Fish. I think it looks really cute so far. The only think I'm worried about with this is that I am using the wrong Japanese term for fish - I'm worried it means 'fish you eat' instead of 'alive fish'. I looked at some example sentences and it seems okay, so I'm probably just being paranoid. I'm also trying to decide if I want to add scales or not. It would take a long time, but I'm not sure if it would look too busy or if it would look awesome. Any thoughts?

No comments: